Sunday, February 25, 2024

Real Time Updates For Teachers

Ministry Reviews CBET Curriculum To Meet Industry Demands

- Advertisement -

Ministry Reviews CBET Curriculum To Meet Industry Demands

The Ministry of Education will guarantee that competency-based education and training (CBET) is completely implemented across all TVET institutions in the country through the State Department for Technical Vocational Education Training (TVET).

Dr. Esther Muoria, Principal Secretary State Department for TVET, stated at the Eldoret National Polytechnic in Eldoret, Uasin Gishu, during a CBET delivery workshop for all TVET principals in Rift Valley, that the department will roll out the CBET model of training while also recrafting the curriculum to address the skills gap among the youth.

She also stated that they have began retooling the trainers in order for them to pass on industry-based skills to the youth.

- Advertisement -
ALSO READ: Competency-Based Education and Training (CBET) Implementation At Top Gear

She stated that the Curriculum Delivery Assessment and Certification Council (CDAC), a TVET assessing body, had re-energized the curriculum.

“We have been going around other regions to ensure that CBET is being well delivered; we have put in place a CBET delivery unit to go around the whole country and see to it that we have shifted from theory training to competency-based training,” she was quoted as saying.

She also stated that CBET is skilling the kids through partnerships with industry and other working partners to ensure that 50 to 70% of youth training is done in industry and the remaining 50 to 30% in the classroom setting.

Dr. Muoria reported that one of the department’s objectives is to engage in industry training. For instance, in the textile industry, an MoU has established a partnership with Rivatex in this region.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
ALSO READ: TVET Trainers Retooled to Enhance Implementation of CBET

This arrangement allows students to undergo training partially at the institution and partly at Rivatex. She emphasized that, upon graduation, students will not only possess the necessary skills but will also be actively integrated into that business.

According to Dr. Muoria, CBET is great for guaranteeing that youth gain the necessary skills to work in industries outside the country.

She further stated that the department, in partnership with GIZ and other working partners, is doing all possible to connect all technical institutions to companies, particularly Jua Kali industries and Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), in order to ensure that the youth develop skills.

The PS highlighted the TVET framework for assessment and certification on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), wherein individuals with acquired skills and expertise in specific subjects, such as arts and others, can undergo assessment in TVETs and receive a certificate.

ALSO READ: Credit Transfer Policy to Upgrade TVET-Acquired Skills to University Level

Prof. Kisilu Kitainge, CEO/Council Secretary of TVET/CDACC, stated that they will build TVET curriculum while examining the one that is currently in place to ensure that it meets industry requirements.

“We are continuing to review and also develop others that have not been in existence; the assessment is ongoing,” Kitainge went on to say.

Prof. Kitainge stated that the council plans to distribute all certificates for CBET assessments completed earlier this year by December 20th.

The CEO disclosed that 7256 pupils are presently undergoing testing, with the number likely to increase to more than 100,000 for the March 2024 test.

ALSO READ:

Ministry Reviews CBET Curriculum To Meet Industry Demands

- Advertisement -

Get more stories from our website: Teachers Updates.

For inquiries or feedback, connect with us via email at [email protected].

Stay connected by following our social media channels: Twitter - @TeachersUpdates, LinkedIn - Teachers Updates, Telegram - @TeachersUpdates, and Facebook - Teachers Updates. We look forward to hearing from you!

 

More Articles Like This

Follow Us on Facebook
Latest News

46,000 TSC Intern Teachers to be Confirmed Automatically

46,000 TSC Intern Teachers to be Confirmed Automatically TSC Chief Executive Officer, Ms. Nancy Macharia, disclosed that the commission intends...

JOIN OUR SOCIAL PLATFORMS

Ads Blocker Image Powered by Code Help Pro

Ads Blocker Detected!!!

We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling these ads blocker.

Powered By
100% Free SEO Tools - Tool Kits PRO
error: Content is protected !!