Sunday, February 25, 2024

Real Time Updates For Teachers

Government Distributes Grade 6 Materials To All Public Schools

- Advertisement -
Government Distributes Grade 6 Materials To All Public Schools

Government Distributes Grade 6 Materials To All Public Schools.
The CBC has so far been implemented up to Grade Five. The pioneers will enter Grade Six next month and take their first national assessment later this year.
Education CS said all Grade Six curriculum materials have been prepared and distributed to schools.
“As a government, we have done everything possible to midwife the transition between the 844 to CBC. I wish to assure the country that all CBC materials have been prepared and distributed to all public schools.”
He also stated that all relevant CBC teachers have been trained and are ready for the Grade Six rollout, with 60,000 more to be trained next month for the Junior Secondary School (JSS) that will begin next year.
Prior to this, Magoha stated that the Ministry had built 6,497 classrooms to house the CBC pioneer class under the first phase, which cost the government Sh5.1 billion.
On the implementation of the Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC), Magoha noted that the government was on course and that it had already constructed 6,000 classrooms to cater for Junior Secondary School.

Community Libraries To Benefit From18,000 Books Drive

“Before we leave office, we shall have constructed 10,000 classrooms at Ksh788,000 each. I want to ask Members of the fourth estate to be making noise about this,” Magoha pointed out.
Magoha revealed that the Competency-Based Assessment testing is expected to emphasize formative assessment adding that it will “hopefully reduce this nonsense of cutthroat competition and exam cheating.”
“We’ll start phase two of constructing 3,503 classrooms as soon as we complete the marking of  KCSE examination. We hope to complete the construction of all 10,000 classrooms, as directed by the President, by the time I leave office,” he assured.
ALSO READ:
“All these preparations make me extremely comfortable that my successor will find a good script to follow in CBC implementation,” he added.
On the CBA, he stated that the first Grade Six national assessment will be given this December.
This will account for 40% of the candidate’s final grade, with the remaining 60% coming from class teachers’ scores from school-based assessments in Grades Four, Five, and Six.

Publishers To Increase Cost of CBC Approved Course Books

Publishers To Increase Cost of CBC Approved Course Books
Government Distributes Grade 6 Materials To All Public Schools

Read the full article

- Advertisement -

Get more stories from our website: Teachers Updates.

For inquiries or feedback, connect with us via email at [email protected].

Stay connected by following our social media channels: Twitter - @TeachersUpdates, LinkedIn - Teachers Updates, Telegram - @TeachersUpdates, and Facebook - Teachers Updates. We look forward to hearing from you!

 

More Articles Like This

Follow Us on Facebook
Latest News

Ruto’s Government to Prioritize ‘Shareholders’ in Employment and Development, Says Gachagua

Ruto's Government to Prioritize 'Shareholders' in Employment and Development, Says Gachagua Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua reiterated the political shareholding narrative,...

JOIN OUR SOCIAL PLATFORMS

Ads Blocker Image Powered by Code Help Pro

Ads Blocker Detected!!!

We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling these ads blocker.

Powered By
Best Wordpress Adblock Detecting Plugin | CHP Adblock
error: Content is protected !!